Tuesday 16 October 2012

#2 Fear/Apprehension

Fear/Apprehension

I have just begun to work with a new spiritual director/coach.(Heather Plett www.heatherplett.com - She is really helpful, right from the start)  I has been hard to decide how to live my life since cancer.  I am happy it is all over but I don't know what to do next - I can't go back to my old life and I don't know what my new life will look like.  She did a visualisation with me, and asked me to imagine starting a new journey, getting out of a boat and what would be there.  Well I couldn't even leave the beach!  I drew a picture of it - I had a child with me - my fear.  Here was the adult me pushing on and the child me having fear and apprehension.  If you look at the child she is resistant, there is no way - the body is twisted in the other direction.  We often push on in life without addressing our fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment